Do any of your products contain any animal by-products?
Cosmetics legislation applying to our perfumes does not restrict the use of raw materials that are not suitable for vegans. Therefore, we cannot ensure that all our products are suitable for vegans. If you are interested in using any of our products, however please inform us about it and we will confirm if it meets the vegans’ requirements.
Are any of your products tested on animals?
We do not test our products on animals, or ask others to test on our behalf.
Do your deodorant sticks contain any aluminium?
No, our deodorant sticks are a mild anti-bacterial formulation that eradicates odours as opposed to an antiperspirant; so no aluminium is required. *Please note that our new Bayolea Deodorant is also an antiperspirant and therefore does contain aluminium.
How do you open bath oils and splashes?
All of our bath oils and splashes are tightly packed with a plastic band that on occasion, expands and causes difficulty in removing the stopper from the bottle. This can usually be rectified by placing the product in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours beforehand to allow the plastic band to contract.
Do you use badger hair in your shaving brushes?
Yes we do as this is by far the most superior fibre for applying shaving lubricants. However, as a part of gaining our warrant status we have proven to the Royal Warrant Holders Association (who re-issued our warrant in 2006), that our shaving brush supplier only purchases from ethical badger farms in a part of the world where badgers are not endangered and are in fact primarily farmed for their meat.
Where are our products made?
All of our fragrance and toiletries are made in the UK.
All of our gift and leather items are now sourced and hand made in Europe to guarantee quality and our commitment to keeping rare artisan skills alive.
How long do your products last?
All our spray fragrances can last up to 3 years if they are kept in their boxes away from direct sunlight or heat.
On all our other products you will see a small jar like symbol on the outer packaging, this is known as a period after opening symbol or a “PAO”. This PAO has a number followed by the letter “M” marked within the symbol. This indicates the number of months after opening that the formulation remains usable. So for example a product marked with “18M” is usable for eighteen months after opening.
Do you have an environmental policy statement?
Yes. Penhaligon’s employees and management are committed to meet the needs of customers and community in an environmentally sound and sustainable manner through the implementation of best practice policies to be monitored and continuously revised throughout all company activities.
We implement our policy through an environmental strategy that focuses on these key objectives:
- Penhaligon’s will conduct all operations in a manner that demonstrates its respect for the environment and awareness of potential environmental impact.
- Penhaligon’s is committed to improving and enhancing environmental performance on a continuous basis.
- Environmental sustainability will be part of everyday decision making.
- Sourcing of raw materials and processes will be consistent with a positive approach to the environment and our business principles of excellence in product, design and quality.
- Penhaligon’s will only employ suppliers who adhere to the principles of Penhaligon’s Environmental Policy and work with them to reduce the environmental challenges.
- Penhaligon’s will rigorously adhere to all current environmental laws and regulations and commit to other voluntary principles to which we subscribe.
- Increase awareness of environmental responsibilities among staff and customers.
- Minimise waste and pollution and develop and operate environmentally sound waste management procedures.
- The policy will be made available to the public and employees.